Custom Coats: Blazers, Sport Jackets & Unconstructed Coats
What is the difference between a sports jacket and a blazer?
A sports jacket is patterned and the blazer is a solid color, most often navy blue or black.
A finer fabric such as gabardine or hopsack and interesting details like the ticket pocket, pic-stitching, functional button-holes and oyster buttons sets it apart from the ordinary blazer.
Our collection of interesting herringbones, plaids, tweeds and gabardine are perfect to become your “go to” blazer.
Discover the comfort and elegance of the casual sport coat. We offer a unique collection of fabrics specifically milled for a distinctive sports jacket, giving you the options ranging from heavier worsted wools and flannels, silks and linens, and a wide variety of year round woolens.
Treat this garment as you would outerwear.
Wrinkles and wear give this item character and will easily be a favorite staple in your arsenal.
It features an unconstructed, natural shoulder with absolutely no padding, half lined or no lining in the shell, making the coat lightweight, perfect for evening when you need an extra layer.
The finished garment is one that looks great with a pair of gray flannel trousers or a pair of jeans.
It should be readily available and appropriate in a variety of settings.
Choose your Styling details:
- Two or Three button models are recommended
- Your pocket options become more interesting with patch, besom, or classic flap
- A ticket pocket is popular and recommended
- Quarter top stitching on pockets and lapel is available
- A unique collection of sports jacket and blazer buttons are offered
- A spectrum of colors to choose from for your contrasting, pic-stitch and button holes
- Adding elbow patches and/or a wind tab provides you with a unique garment
- Choose linings from our collection of interesting patterns, iridescent paisleys, geometric designs and ultra vivid solids
Dress up your sportswear and dress down your formalwear.
Luciano Barbera, Italian Fashion Designer
Hand sewn button holes in contrasting thread to compliment the coat fabric.
Vitale Barberis Cononico, royal blue, w/brown windowpane sports jacket in silk/linen. Shown with Italian, auburn shell buttons.
The removable wind tab is a unique and stylish feature for your garment.